PCL assisted the client and architect in the first stages of developing this new intermodal transportation center for Anchorage, Alaska. The centerpiece of the development is the historic depot located in downtown Anchorage. Originally built in 1942, the depot serves as the departure and arrival facility for over 500,000 passengers a year, and year-round tenants including railroad operations. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the depot received upgrades to the interior and exterior finishes, roof and window replacements, HVAC upgrades, boiler replacement, electrical system upgrades, and a hazmat survey and abatement as needed.
PCL's value-engineering efforts provided the additional funding needed to incorporate a well water cooling system into the building. The facility remained occupied and in full operation during construction.