Ten PCL employees have been awarded Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medals for their outstanding contribution to the Canadian construction industry and the communities in which they live.
“We strive to be leaders in our industry and actively involved in our communities,” said PCL Board Chairman Ross Grieve. “We are so proud to have representatives from across the country recognized with such a distinguished honor.”
PCL’s ten recipients of the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee medals recognized for their contributions to the construction industry and community involvement.
Canadian Construction Association Nominates Industry Leaders
The Canadian Construction Association (CCA) put forward 38 names of industry leaders from around the country as candidates for medals commemorating the 2012 celebrations of the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the Throne as Queen of Canada, in recognition for their “outstanding achievements in their community, province, and, most importantly, Canada and the Canadian construction industry.”
John Schubert, the chair of the CCA said, “The achievements of those being recognized have helped to build the Canada of today and the Canada of the future. We are honored to be a part of this monumental recognition in our country’s history.”
PCL Honorees Selected from Coast to Coast
Of the 38 construction professionals selected from across the country, PCL’s recipients are
- Paul Douglas, President and CEO, Edmonton, AB (National award);
- Dwight Brown, Vice President and District Manager (ret.), Ottawa, ON (National award);
- Garth Tomlinson, Manager, Special Projects, Regina, SK (Saskatchewan/Manitoba award);
- Alfred Schleier, Operations Manager, Winnipeg, MB (Saskatchewan/Manitoba award);
- Anibal Valente, Vice President and District Manager, Vancouver, BC (British Columbia/Yukon award);
- John Volcko, Vice President and District Manager, Halifax, NS (Atlantic Canada award);
- Brad Nelson, President and COO, Canadian Buildings, Toronto, ON (Ontario award);
- Peter Stalenhoef, President and COO, Heavy Industrial, Edmonton, AB (Alberta/Northwest Territories/Nunavut award);
- Roger Dootson, Vice President and District Manager (ret.), Edmonton, AB (Alberta/Northwest Territories/Nunavut award); and
- Doug Stollery, General Counsel, Edmonton, AB (nominated by the Government of Alberta for contributions to the community).
Each recipient received a medal during a formal ceremony at PCL’s North American headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta.