EDMONTON, Alberta (Jan. 17, 2013) – The PCL family of companies is proud to recognize ten employees who have been awarded Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medals for their outstanding contribution to the Canadian construction industry and the communities in which they live.
“We strive to be leaders in our industry and actively involved in our communities,” said PCL Board Chairman Ross Grieve. “We are so proud to have representatives from across the country recognized with such a distinguished honour.”
The Canadian Construction Association (CCA) recommended industry leaders from across the country for recognition.
“We are extremely pleased to see individuals in the construction industry honoured for their outstanding achievements in their community, province, and, most importantly, Canada and the Canadian construction industry,” said John Schubert, chair of the CCA. “The achievements of those being recognized have helped to build the Canada of today and the Canada of the future. On behalf of the CCA, we are very proud to recognize those outstanding accomplishments and individuals. We are honoured to be a part of this monumental recognition in our country’s history.”
Of the 38 construction professionals selected from across the country, PCL’s recipients are
- Paul Douglas, President and CEO, Edmonton, AB (National award);
- Dwight Brown, Vice President and District Manager (ret.), Ottawa, ON (National award);
- Garth Tomlinson, Manager, Special Projects, Regina, SK (Saskatchewan/Manitoba award);
- Alfred Schleier, Operations Manager, Winnipeg, MB (Saskatchewan/Manitoba award);
- Anibal Valente, Vice President and District Manager, Vancouver, BC (British Columbia/Yukon award);
- John Volcko, Vice President and District Manager, Halifax, NS (Atlantic Canada award);
- Brad Nelson, President and COO, Canadian Buildings, Toronto, ON (Ontario award);
- Peter Stalenhoef, President and COO, Heavy Industrial, Edmonton, AB (Alberta/Northwest Territories/Nunavut award);
- Roger Dootson, Vice President and District Manager (ret.), Edmonton, AB (Alberta/Northwest Territories/Nunavut award); and
- Doug Stollery, General Counsel, Edmonton, AB (nominated by the Government of Alberta for contributions to the community).
Each will be presented with a medal, which was made at the Royal Canadian Mint, to commemorate the 2012 celebrations of the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the Throne as Queen of Canada. The Chancellery of Honours, as part of the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General, is the administrator of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal program.
About the PCL family of companies
PCL is a group of independent construction companies that carries out work across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean, and in Australia. These diverse operations in the civil infrastructure, heavy industrial, and buildings markets are supported by a strategic presence in 31 major centers. Together, these companies have an annual construction volume of more than $6 billion, making PCL the largest contracting organization in Canada and one of the largest in the United States. Watch us build at PCL.com.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Manager, Media Relations
PCL family of companies