EDMONTON, Alberta – Four PCL family of companies projects have received national awards for Innovation and Excellence from the Canadian Council of Public Private Partnerships (CCPPP).
PCL’s Surrey Pretrial Services Centre Expansion project, located in Surrey, British Columbia, received a CCPPP Gold Award for project financing. Every one of the three projects receiving CCPPP Silver Awards was built, or is being built, by PCL. The Silver Award winning projects were selected in the categories of Project Financing, Infrastructure, and Service Delivery.
“Canada’s public-private partnership marketplace is very advanced, and we are very proud to play an integral role in these award-winning projects,” said PCL President and CEO, Paul Douglas. “This recognition supports our commitment to, and pursuit of, becoming a market leader in delivering successful P3s as the marketplace continues to grow.”
Gold Award (Project Financing) Surrey Pre-Trial Services Centre Expansion
- Renovation of the existing high-security centre and a 9,300m2 addition that includes prisoner cells, common areas, and support spaces.
- Being built to Gold LEED Certification standards.
Silver Award (Project Financing) Communications Security Establishment Canada
- New 72,000 m2 security facility will comprise of office and special purpose space to house Canada’s national cryptologic agency.
- Being built to LEED Gold Certification standards.
Silver Award (Infrastructure) Ministry of Government Services Data Centre (ON)
- Includes a 2,790 m2 raised-floor Data Centre area with provisions for future expansion, a Central Utilities Plant, Office and Support areas, Print Facility, and Contingency Response Centre.
- Registered to achieve LEED Certified rating.
Silver Award (Service Delivery) Durham Regional Courthouse
- Integrated 42,000 m2 building, located in downtown Oshawa, houses 33 courtrooms, three motions rooms, two conference/settlement rooms and related legal and court services.
- Achieved LEED Gold Certification with an emphasis on energy management and conservation.
PCL has completed, or is currently working on, 24 P3 projects across North America, worth approximately $5.5 billion.
Company representatives will be on hand to receive the awards at the 19th Annual CCPPP National Conference in Toronto, Ontario, November 21 and 22, 2011.
ABOUT THE PCL FAMILY OF COMPANIES
The PCL family of companies is a group of independent construction companies which carry out diverse operations in the civil infrastructure, heavy industrial, and buildings markets. Together, these companies have an annual construction volume of more than $5 billion, making PCL the largest contracting organization in Canada and one of the largest in the United States. Major offices are strategically located in 25 North American centers to support work across Canada, the continental United States, Alaska, the Hawaiian Islands, and the Caribbean.