Casino Regina is located in downtown Regina in the historic Union Station. The building served as Regina's train station from 1912 until 1990, when passenger rail service to Regina ended. The station was designated a heritage site in 1991 and underwent extensive renovations to convert it into a casino. Each year, Saskatchewan Gaming casinos entertain more than three million people.
In 2009, PCL was hired to refresh the Casino Regina. This fasttrack project involved several components: renovating and updating the decor in the gaming area; upgrading three food service areas; upgrading acoustics and finishes in the show lounge/theatre; adding a mezzanine to the stage area; renovating 2,600 square feet of tenant space; adding a basement locker room; and installing high-end specialty finishes throughout public areas.
To keep as much of the casino as possible open during construction, the project was divided into 24 phases. Open seven days a week from 9a.m. to 4 a.m., the casino saw minimal disruptions thanks to PCL’s careful coordination of all phases.