The safety and well-being of PCL employees, their families, our partners and our communities remains our highest priority. In a situation that is changing daily, we are continually monitoring new developments and adjusting our response to help flatten the curve and mitigate the impact of COVID-19. We continue to follow guidelines and recommendations from government and the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Health Canada and local health authorities. The guidance includes following government directions that classify construction as an essential business in many of the areas we operate. In conjunction with their recommendations, we have increased our health and safety measures across our operations by implementing strategies including:
- Asking employees to work remotely where possible.
- Canceling business travel and company events, including social events and conference attendance.
- Donating N95 respirators to local health authorities.
- Supporting staff with robust collaboration technology to aid in critical ongoing projects.
- Encouraging the use of our Employee Assistance Programs in the U.S. and Canada for anyone who needs additional support during these unprecedented times.
- Creating a Pandemic Response Committee, which meets daily to assess the current situation and adjust our response as necessary.
- Increasing hygiene and safety measures by reducing employee populations through staggered breaks and lunch schedules, implementing jobsite access checks and practicing social distancing.
As PCL builds critical infrastructure across North America, we will continue to evaluate our safety measures and standards throughout our operations, ensuring the wellbeing of our employees, their families and the communities we serve. We will continue to follow guidelines set by government authorities and act responsibly to help contain the spread of COVID-19.