Chris Gower started his career in construction on the tools – framing houses, where he grew a deep appreciation for the trades. Prior to his current role as COO, Buildings Chris held positions including construction risk manager, senior project manager, district manager and regional vice president. Throughout his more than 25 years at PCL, he has delivered iconic construction projects across Canada, Australia and the United States. As a member of PCL’s Office of the CEO and board of directors, Chris leads a creative team of solution providers who innovatively address construction challenges. He is responsible for the performance of the organization’s Buildings operations across the globe.
Chris initiated and led PCL’s entrance into the solar business, including the pursuit and award of our first project in Australia. He provides leadership over many in-house-developed technologies, including the groundbreaking Job Site Insights®, an IoT Smart construction platform that drives efficiency while increasing safety, productivity and quality. Chris is recognized as an industry leader in construction technology and continues to champion innovation across the organization.
Community & Industry Involvement
- Board member, University Hospital Foundation
- Board member, Latium Technologies
- Board member, Eddy Solutions
- United Way Alberta Capital Region
- Past board member, Ontario General Contractors Association and SCA
Awards & Recognition
- Canadian Construction Association Gold Seal Certified estimator and project manager
- 2009 - Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 Recipient
- 2016 - Premier's Award
- Construction Engineering - Fanshawe College