Edmonton, Alberta (Feb. 23, 2023) – PCL Construction is proud to announce that 12 of its projects have been named among ReNew Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects, granting PCL Platinum status once again on this year’s list.
“It’s always great to see the projects that we’re working on be recognized for the hard work and dedication that is put into each of them respectively, especially with the complexity involved in each project’s construction,” said Mike Wieninger, PCL’s COO, Canadian Operations. “This collection of diverse projects showcase the vast array of expertise our teams possess in the different industry sectors across Canada.”
The following PCL projects are included on this year’s list:
1. Centre Block Rehabilitation Project, Ottawa
2. Energy Services Acquisition Programs Energy Service Modernization, Ottawa
3. New Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
4. St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver
5. QE II New Generation Project, Halifax
6. MacDonald Block Reconstruction, Toronto
7. Cascade Power Project, Alberta
8. Calgary Cancer Centre, Alberta
9. North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant Program, Vancouver
10. Corner Brook Acute Care Hospital, Newfoundland and Labrador
11. Mills Memorial Hospital Replacement Project, Terrace BC
12. BMO Convention and Trade Centre Expansion Project, Calgary
The 2023 Top100 Projects have a combined value of $273 billion, holding steady as the same amount reported in 2022. According to ReNew Canada, the transit sector leads the way with a quarter of the projects, followed by the energy sector, the buildings sector, the transportation sector, and the waste-water, communications, and remediation sector.
The annual report ranks projects in order of contract value. The list was celebrated with top contractors at a dinner held on February 21 in Toronto.
About PCL Construction
PCL is a group of independent construction companies that carries out work across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean and in Australia. These diverse operations in the civil infrastructure, heavy industrial, and buildings markets are supported by a strategic presence in more than 30 major centers. Together, these companies have an annual construction volume of more than $8 billion, making PCL the largest contracting organization in Canada and one of the largest in North America. Watch us build at PCL.com.