Denver, Colo. (November 17, 2021) – As the cost for food, gas and housing continues to rise, millions of Americans who struggle with food insecurity face difficult choices with how to spend their limited dollars. PCL Construction wants to make sure cutting back on meals isn’t one of those choices. This year the contractor is donating a total of $60,000 to food banks across the country as part of its annual Thanksgiving campaign to fight hunger.
The donations will provide approximately 280,000 meals in a time when financial support is needed more than ever – according to the latest Consumer Price Index, food prices are up 4.6% year-over-year. Feeding America projects that 42 million people (1 in 8 Americans) may experience food insecurity in 2021.
“Hunger wears a thousand faces. Seniors, children, veterans and many other important members of our community are served by food banks,” says Deron Brown, president and chief operating officer of PCL’s U.S. operations, based in Denver. “This year PCL is grateful to be able to continue our Thanksgiving tradition of donating to our local food banks and supporting their critical services.”
This is the 12th year PCL Construction has organized a nationwide campaign to support food banks, with donations totaling more than $1.36 million in that time.
The organizations receiving donations from PCL Construction include:
- St. Mary’s Food Bank, Phoenix, Arizona
- Golden Empire Gleaners, Bakersfield, California
- Los Angeles Food Bank, Glendale, California
- Second Harvest Food Bank, Irvine California
- San Diego Hunger Coalition, San Diego, California
- Food Bank of the Rockies, Denver, Colorado
- The Pantry of Broward, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Second Harvest Food Bank, Orlando, Florida
- Feeding South Florida, Pembroke Park, Florida
- Feeding Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay, Florida
- Hawaii Food Bank, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Maui Food Bank, Wailuku, Hawaii
- Food Lifeline, Seattle, Washington
- Northwest Harvest, Seattle, Washington
- Second Harvest Heartland, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Northlands Rescue Mission, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- St. Joseph’s Social Care Food Pantry, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Houston Food Bank, Houston Texas
For more information on your local food bank and how to support, please visit https://www.feedingamerica.org/.
About PCL Construction
PCL is a group of independent construction companies that carries out work across the United States, Canada, Australia and the Caribbean. These diverse operations in the civil infrastructure, heavy industrial, and buildings markets are supported by a strategic presence in more than 30 major centers. Together, these companies have an annual construction volume of more than $6 billion USD, making PCL one of the largest contracting organizations in North America. Watch us build at www.pcl.com.