The new Mill Woods Transit Centre simplifies transit connections and provides a closer connection to the new Valley Line LRT stop.
The project included the following:
- Road construction and reconfiguration of the existing parking lot including upgrades to accommodate bus traffic.
- Completion of site concrete including curbs and sidewalks and asphalt paving.
- Installation of site and street lighting, and furnishing including benches and waste receptacles.
- Construction of a heated shelter, public washrooms and a covered walkway.
- Stormwater and sanitary utility work.
- Building the busway.
We worked with Edmonton Transit Service to consult stakeholders and community members regarding the complete closure of an adjacent roadway. Proactive planning and collaboration with the client helped avoid extended lane closures, minimized traffic disruption and allowed the team to finish the project on schedule. The new transit centre supports the client’s goal of moving toward a more vibrant, mixed-use community.