PCL is committed to respecting your privacy and upholding the trust of the public, its employees, contractors, and clients, which requires transparency and accountability regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information on PCL’s website.
Personal information will be collected, used, or disclosed in accordance with all applicable privacy legislation. Personal information means any information that permits an individual to be identified, including your name, title, and contact information.
We collect and process certain information about you when you access and/or use our website.
- We collect personal data that you provide to us. This may include information such as your first and last name, username, email address, and country.
- Additional information may be automatically collected such as IP address, browser version, operating system information, time and duration of use, and information about the content and webpages you view and the features you access on PCL services.
- Your data will be stored in our systems and may be supplemented by public information about you available from third parties.
How Your Data is Used
- Your data is used to provide you with information or materials you request.
- We may use data you provide to us to send you information about our products or services that you may be interested in, where permissible or if you have opted in to receiving such information.
- We may use your data for market research.
- We may use your data to enhance your experience on our services.
- We may use your data to analyze and improve our services.
- We do not sell your information to third parties.
Sharing Your Information
To the extent consistent with applicable law, we may share your information in the following circumstances:
- with our subsidiaries.
- with affiliated and third-party service providers, such as companies that provide us technical support, data hosting, and other services.
- with other parties when required by law or as necessary to provide or protect our services, products, and other offerings. For example, we may need to disclose information with other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement; to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies and terms governing our services; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers, or employees.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it and for a reasonable period thereafter to comply with audit, contractual, or legal requirements, or where we have a legitimate business interest in doing so. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may retain aggregated or de-identified data indefinitely or to the extent allowed by applicable law. We may retain personal information preserved in computer backups or archival copies generated in the ordinary course of our information technology systems procedures.
Keeping Your Information Secure
PCL takes appropriate administrative, technical, physical, and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. PCL follows industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us both during transmission and once it is received. PCL has taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information provided to us, but despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception or other types of misuse.
Links to Other Websites and Third Parties
PCL’s website and services may contain links to other websites and services and 3rd parties may link to PCL’s website and services. PCL is not responsible for, and has no control over, the content or privacy policies, practices, or actions of third parties that operate these websites and services. You should review their privacy policies before providing your personal information.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Your Data Protection Rights
You may have certain legal rights regarding your personal information.
You may unsubscribe from any PCL e-mail programs you opt into.
If you reside in the European Economic Area, these rights are governed by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); if you reside in the State of California, these rights are governed by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”); if you reside in the Province of Quebec, these rights are governed by the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (the “PPIPS”); if you reside in the Province of Alberta, these rights are governed by the Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”); if you reside or are in a different jurisdiction, these rights may be governed by the applicable data protection laws of your jurisdiction. We are committed to complying with these data and privacy laws.
European Economic Area
If you are a European Union resident, the GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request PCL for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that PCL correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request PCL to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that PCL erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that PCL restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to PCL processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that PCL transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to not be subject to automated decision making – You have the right to not be subject to automated processing where it produces an adverse legal effect or significantly affects the individual.
If you are a California resident, the CCPA provides you with the following rights:
- The right to know the specific pieces and/or categories of personal information that we have collected about you over the past 12 months, the categories of sources for that personal information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared.
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our third-party service providers to do the same). This right is subject to several exceptions noted within the act.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your information. PCL does not sell your personal information or disclose your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- If in the future we intend to sell or disclose your information for third-party marketing, we will provide you notice, and you will have the right to opt-out.
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a Quebec resident, the PPIPS provides you with the following rights:
- The right to request a cessation of dissemination – You have the right to request that PCL cease disseminating their personal information or that any hyperlink attached to their name and providing access to their personal information be de-indexed if the dissemination of the information violates a law or a court order.
- The right to de-indexation or re-indexation – You have to request de-indexation or re-indexation if certain conditions apply as set out in PPIPS.
If you are an Alberta resident, please be advised that your personal information may be:
- Transferred to, or accessible by, affiliates and third-party service providers, such as companies that provide us technical support, data hosting, and other services; or
- Stored in, and processed by, computer servers and/or other computer systems or equipment which are located outside of Canada, including the United States and elsewhere. The laws regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, including PCL’s obligation to disclose personal information in certain circumstances, may vary based on the applicable laws of these jurisdictions.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of your rights listed above, whether under GDPR, CCPA, PPIPS, or other applicable law, please contact PCL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an employee of one of our business customers, please contact your employer to exercise your rights.
We intend to respond to a request for access or deletion within 1 month of receiving a request under GDPR, within 45 days of receiving a request under the CPPA, or within the time-period permitted under any other applicable law.
PCL does not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16 for any purpose. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under age 16, we will attempt to delete that personal information as soon as possible and take any other measures required under applicable law.
If you are in the European Economic Area, your personal information will be transferred to and processed by PCL systems and personnel located in the United States, Canada, and/or Australia. If you are in the Province of Quebec, your personal information will be transferred to and process by PCL systems and personnel located in the United States, Canada, and/or Australia.